Monday 18 July 2011

Trimming

Why trimmest thou thy way to seek love? Jeramiah 2:33


Trimming.. Have you ever seen a candle being trimmed?
It's always done bit by bit, not too much at a time.

Many people I've seen trim just a little bit, a Biblical concept they used to believe, their clothing gets just a little more immodest, music gets a little beatier, movies get a little higher rated, and bit more violence, prayer time becomes of the past, etc. and bit by bit, they trim their lives down, they lose that interest they had in God. They trim, till finally they are down the to the stub of their candle of truth. They no longer care.

Dear Father, you see the many temtations all 'round, tempting me to trim my way. But with your help Lord, I won't stumble, I won't compromise...

1 comment:

Your comments make me happy!