Friday 25 May 2012

Take It Or Leave It

"I was reading in Exodus this morning... you know, where God was giving instructions about the building of the tabernacle. And I realised something, for the first time." My friend and I were discussing Bible passages over the phone.
"Yes?" She replied.
"Well, I realised something that many people obviously miss - God is very precise."

Really, when you look at the Bible, you'll see it. Everywhere! I guess the reason I noticed it there, was because it goes for so many chapters! But it says in Exodus 27:14-17.

(14.) "The hangings of one side of the gate shall be fifteen cubits: their pillars three, and their sockets three.
(15.) And on the other side shall be hangings fifteen cubits: their pillars three, and their sockets three.
(16.) And for the gate of the court shall be an hanging of twenty cubits, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework: and their pillars shall be four, and their sockets four.
(17.) All the pillars round about the court shall be filleted with silver; their hooks shall be of silver, and their sockets of brass."

God is precise about everything. Including His law. When He says something, He means exactly that. No bending. Take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!