Tuesday 2 April 2013

The Day My God Died

"Mum, did you know that from 700,000 to 4 million people are trafficked worldwide every year?" (Trafficking - the illegal trade in human beings through force, fraud, coercion, or violence for purposes of sexual exploitation, forced labor, and other slavery-like practices.)

"What?!" She exclaimed. "That is terrible!"


"Yep." I added. "And on an average, 15 girls are trafficked in Nepal, every day. The average age being 14, but 7 and up are taken too."

Mum was, naturally, horrified. Especially when we watched "The Day My God Died" trailer. Then, as we talked about it, I saw the connection.

We've all heard people say "Yeah, I know about the kidnapping, abducting, etc. But it won't happen to me. It hasn't before, and won't now. Nothing has ever happened to any of my friends either."

But what they don't think about is the hundreds who are abducted on a day-to-day basis. Even though it isn't and hasn't affected them, it is affecting millions of others.

The connection? Well, people always say "Vaccines are harmless. I've been vaccinated, and I never had any harmful side effects. My whole family is vaccinated - They're fine! What are you talking about, 'Vaccines are bad'? Prove it!"

But I can't! They haven't felt the horrors of being crippled because of the deadly syringes, and thus they can't empathize, relate or even sympathize. It's beyond them.
But what they don't think about is the hundreds who are crippled every day. Even though it isn't and hasn't affected them, it is affecting millions of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!