Thursday 5 August 2010

Job's Trials

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him Job 13:15 
Here Job shows an attitude of complete implicit trust. Through trials and conflicts he hold onto his only true support, as you see in the next verse:
I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all. Job 16:2 "Miserable comforters" indeed! Suffer me that I may speak; and after that I have spoken, mock on. Job 21:3
My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God. Job 16:20 "My friends scorn me", even though, his friends were there, they were all saying it was his fault, obviously he had provoked God to anger with him, and he was the cause of his own troubles.
but he continues to defend himself, he knows that he is right, whether he will make it or not to the end of this trial, he says: For I know [that] my redeemer liveth; Job 19:25 "For I know my Redeemer liveth", here again he shows complete trust in his Saviour. And here his trust that he will stand the trial: But he knoweth the way that I take: [when] he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Job 23:10-11 We shall all, that hide in Christ, come forth as gold. ~ Jana

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, Jana! I love the way you bring out meaning in each verse! This must have been a rich reading for you. Bet you enjoyed it a ton more than you can explain!! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!